1. I had to ponder over my "25 things" for a few weeks before I decided what i wanted to write. I'm a little OCD when it comes to things like this.
2. When I played my NES when I was younger I thought that there were people behind our wall unit/entertainment center controlling the game. Seriously. I was 6 or 7. I also remember beating the original Mario game and was ooberly disappointed that these "people" didn't reach out and give me my prize. yeah.
3. I am an obsessed clean freak, but my house is usually messy. I typically go on cleaning tirades. I fell in love with the vacuum at age 4. No lie.
4. I have an English degree, but I can't spell to save my life. Praise the lord for spell check.
5. In 2006 I watched the Scripps National Spelling Bee and I amazed at how well the kids could spell. I ordered a dictionary from Chapters with the intention of studying it....I have yet to open this book.
5. I went to a private Catholic school for the first half of my life. I quickly became fond of singing all of the hymns. I once found some hymnals at a flea market and bought them.
7. I want to travel the world, but I am terrified of flying. I am convinced that I am going to die in a plane crash. I seriously contemplated backing out of my Costa Rica trip in '07 because of this irrational fear. When the pilot announced that we had to make an emergency landing shortly before dumping the fuel over the Atlantic ocean I was convinced that this was it and crap, I was right.
8. I often have dreams that I can do all of my splits with no pain whatsoever. I can also do endless pirouettes effortlessly. I can't however run in my dreams. Ever.
9. When I moved to Winnipeg at the age of 12 I thought my life was ruined. Looking back, it's the best thing that could have happened to me.
10. I can't go swimming at the lake. I am grossed out by the seaweed and I'm afraid fish will bite my legs. I have no qualms swimming in the ocean because the water is [generally] clear.
11. No matter how hard I try, or how much sunscreen I wear I always get really burnt at the beginning of summer.
12. I believe Disney World is the happiest place on earth. I feel like a seven year old the moment I walk through the gates. I only wish I could go every year....I guess 3 times in 5 years is not that bad.
13. I can't watch scary movies.
14. I have never stuck my hand in a pumpkin to pull out the 'guts" prior to carving. In kindergarten the teachers said we all "had to" do it and I refused. Thankfully that year I was dressed as a dinosaur and in order to free my hands I would have had to undress since my paws were attached to my sleeves.
15. I have lived in my house since October and I have yet to see a spider....very strange
16. My very first CD was the Cranberries, No Need to Argue, that I got for my 12th birthday.
17. I used to play the piano; sometimes I wish I still did.
18. I have discovered that it is fun to be crafty.
19. I work over 60 hours per week.
20. I hate cooking
21. I am very shy, but I love performing
22. I am so happy that my cat came into my life, even though his arrival caused someone a great deal of pain and sadness. I am forever grateful.
22.5 ^ I hate the way grateful is spelled.
23. I will not eat pancakes/waffles without having a glass of milk.
24. When I was younger I refused to wear mis-matching pajamas to bed.
25. I have never had the flu shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment