So I am a day late in updating as day four was yesterday but......
I woke up early to go to the 6:00am class. It was surprising (too) easy to listen to (an obey!) my alarm at 5:22am. My only hope is that it will be that smooth every time, although I know that will not be the case.
Aside from the challenge of being at the studio for 6:00am, the physical aspect was challenging as well. My balance was off and I felt very unsteady in a lot of my asanas. Instead of becoming frustrated I realized this afforded me a different perspective into my challenge; it may not be my goal to go to my peak every time. Sometimes the goal is to just balance on one leg. I was also feeling fatigued part way through class as my body was telling me I needed food. Throughout my morning practices, I will try to find that balance of satisfying my hunger while maintaining an [empty] stomach.
Tonight (day 5 woot!) I will be trying a yin class for the first time. I'm excited for this class and I know that my hips are dying to get there.
No comments:
Post a Comment